Sunday, March 21, 2010

Who'd Have Thought A Trailer Was So Hard To Make?

I know it's been ages since I last posted anything.

Sorry about that.

I was having real trouble getting the voice over right on the restored trailer. I'd shelved the edit several time and was about to try something else when I was contacted by a professional voice-over artist asking if he could be of any help. Oh, great timing!

The guy who has recorded the brand new voice over has done work for big name studios and was able to reproduce the original guy's dialogue very well.

I've now just finished dropping the voice track into the trailer and re-doing some of the zooms. It's amazing how hard it is to get a simple still image to zoom in to the right place!

In the next couple of days I'll be posting the new trailer.

I also have a brand new version of the soundtrack available. Another fan sent me a digital rip of the soundtrack straight off laserdisc. This version is pure digital and much louder that the previous one I had to work with. It also has a more mellow sound in my opinion.

I now have to ask some of the Metropolis fans out there which version they prefer and see if it should go on version 1.5

3 comments:

Andy B said...

Hey there it's me Andy from Hamilton Ontario Canada!!!! I would love to see the New Version 5.1 and if it's going to be the same price or more?? I also would like to know if your going to fix the operation scene (with the red for the heart and the rings all purple) and if you can make it into a 2 disc version or just one?? I would pls keep me in form and I do need to get more copies of the other version you still have dude!!! Thanx and let us know when you do have the new Trailer avaliable for YOUTUBE!!!

Your METROPOLIS FAN from Hamilton Ontario Canada

Andy Bajus

Metropolis said...

Hey Andy,

A 5.1 version would be almost impossible with getting hold of the original Moroder Metropolis mix tapes. Don't go holding your breath for that to happen :-(

The operation scene is 'fixed' (with red & purple) as far as I know in the current version...

The video quality is almost at maximum as it is and because the movie is only about 84 minutes, there isn't actually enough material to put on a 2-disc set. Unless you can find "The Fading Image" documentary which came out with the 1984 movie.

The trailer is live now! Yay!

Alak said...

Intentaré subir a Youtube un sampler de tu hermosa versión de Metropolis!