I found an awful quality copy of the trailer on YouTube. Terrible to watch but it was fine as reference for me to re-build the trailer.
The visuals and soundtrack are all from my restored version of course. All I have to do now is re-created the voice over and I'll post it. There was absolutely no way I could use the voiceover from the YouTube clip.
In other news, I am also finishing off a new DVD bonus insert.
This original 8 page booklette features the new DVD cover, stills from the movie, a 2 page article on the history of the Metropolis movie, all the lyrics from the film (they're very different from the soundtrack CD), and a 2 page article from the 80s on Giorgio Moroder and the Metropolis soundtrack.
It's a perfect companion to the restored DVD. And it's not available at a store near you :-)










5 comments:
Hi Mr. Gilchrist,
Yesterday I emailed you. I would like to have a copy of this DVD. how can I get it?! I live in Brazil.
cheers.
I think I've replied to your email...
Very cool! Looking forward to seein the trailer :-)
Cheers,
Brian
for years i have been looking for this breakthrough, since i couldn't find NOWHERE not even a second hand vcr copy of the 1984 remake of METROPOLIS. I am in awe of the movie, both the altered version and the lang original, for its universal qualities and the touch that Moroder gave it in the eighties is so part of my younger years...
job very well done. it always takes a mad and loving hero for a work like this. now i'm going to explore your hard labour. cheers, nef
Post a Comment