I've re-edited the worker's decent into their underground city from the start of the movie to include the city reveal. I've used old footage for the city as there is no recently restored footage available.
The big questions are: does the other footage match nicely enough in the background and is the background footage too wobbly?
Comments welcome.
Interesting to note that the restored footage is so good, you can actually tell that the men and the elevator above is a painting, moving down in front of the city model in the background.










2 comments:
Hard to tell on YouTube, but if it's the best there is, it's the best there is. If it's not on any recent edition, I wonder if this was a matte Moroder constructed partially from stills or partially unusable shots, like the stadium sequence.
Giorgio Moroder used some shots which the restored version does not. I would imagine that the German restorers used only the best footage available, and the extra footage Giorgio used might not have been up to scratch. There are quite a few places where alternative takes sem to have been used.
Post a Comment